Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Today is a four-cookie day

MDK helped made these cookies


It's a thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. Officially, thanksgiving day is tomorrow, Monday. But some families celebrate it on Sundays. We do.


Aside from being a "turkey-day" today, it is a "cookie-day" as well. I am grateful. Not just for cookie/turkey days like this but any other day.

Some days are cookie/turkey days. Many are not. Sometimes our plate has nothing but vegetables. It can be a week of carrots, celery, broccoli, etc. Oh some even are bitter-melon days. Some days we have a bit of everything. Some vegetables may be hard to swallow, some are not. They can be healthy but dull. But we all know we can't live on just cookies and turkeys. Ooh those cookies, "they do little for our nutrition, but a lot for our attitude."

Reminder to self: the next time my plate has more broccoli than cinnamon rolls, I will remember who prepared the meal and be thankful. And the next time my plate has some portions that are hard to swallow, I'll talk to Him. He listens but most of all, He knows what's best for me.

For now, I'm telling Him how grateful I am for these four cookies on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment