Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Learning yet again...

So this is what I'm up to the past weeks.
014 ps1
acrylic painting

It is never too late to learn anything new. I'm a big believer on that. So here I am, after several attempts, I've finally enrolled in an art class. First session was last Tuesday, after office. I'm probably the only one in class with no experience in painting. It's a mixed class, most have taken art classes before. But I'm an eager learner and like MDH always says, "we're too old to be embarrassed", so try and learn I will.

MDH has been very supportive, like usual. On my first day in class, he even drove me to the venue, kept me company in the lobby while waiting for the teacher, and picked me up after hahaha. And last night, he was online shopping for an easel. He's doing this knowing that he'll never be able to recoup his investments :).

The first day in class, I learned about colours, how to mix them, and the effects of combining primary and/or complimentary colours. I also learned how to prep my canvas and which art materials to invest in. Very basic stuff but are very helpful tips especially for a trying-hard newbie like me.

As soon as we got home, I took out my art case and started my first project. Well not exactly my first because I made lame attempts before I took the class. But they don't count because they look like a kindergarten did them. No disrespect to kindergartens.

Here's my first project. Far from perfect but I do intend to get better at this.


And in case anyone reading this post is inclined to critique, please feel free to do so. I'm a big girl, I can handle it, and I'll be very grateful 'cause I do want to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment