Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Family Room

So this is how our family room looks like now. There are still things to be done but overall, it's close to how I'd like it to be - no unsightly wires and no things on the floor :).

My boys listening to MDK's favourite album while talking about stuff a teenager likes to talk about. I live for moments like this.


Blogged
View of the Family Room from the Loft on the second floor


The family room is the second most used place in our home, the kitchen being the first. Just like the previous home we had, the family room is adjacent to the kitchen. It's a very convenient layout because the family room is also an entertainment room so once in awhile, we can watch our favourite shows like Michael Smith's Chef at Home while our in-house chef a.k.a. MDH and his sous chefs a.k.a. MDK and moi whip up something in the kitchen. Yes, we do love to cook as a family. I think the family that labours together, savours together. I made that up hahaha.
008/365: The family that labors together, savors together
Okay, I digressed. Let's go back to the family room.

One of the things we love to do as a family is to watch movies together, not in theatres but at home. Personally, I prefer to watch at home because I can pause it, replay it, fast forward it anytime I like. Not to mention, I can watch in my pajamas.

There are still quite a few things I'd like done in the FR like adding some architectural photos atop the TV. I think they will fill up the big space above it. Time for me to dig my photo archives. We still have to put up the drapes on the windows. And lamps. And then that LOLA sectional from EQ3 will be a nice replacement for the 5 year old seats we have. I know, the list goes on and on and on we'll never see the end of it

Sep 13, 2010 @ 0:16

No comments:

Post a Comment