Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Purse love never dies

I love to gawk at purses. A certain bag has to have certain characteristics for me to do a second look at it. Or maybe third, fourth, fifth. Then I start to obsess about it. And then I begin to feel like I’ve got to have it. Is that even normal? I don’t know.

If someone were to give me some shopping money and I were to choose between buying a gorgeous pair of shoes or a purse, I’d pick purse in a heartbeat. Not that I don’t love shoes. I do. In fact, if I were to have unlimited moolah and will have the freedom to spend it anyway I like I’d buy all the gorgeous shoes my eyes can feast on hahaha. But the resources are very limited. And I only have one benefactor: MDH ;) .

I usually have a “me purchase” once a year. Yeah, yeah some people have “me time”. Mine is shopping.

I’ve been eying at this messenger bag.
messenger


And this tote too.
tote


But I have the strictest rule to just have one purse purchase a year. Both are gorgeous so I have been contemplating for weeks now as to which one is it going to be. Until I saw the movie Letters to Juliet early this week. And I couldn’t help but got distracted by Amanda Seyfried’s messenger/satchel bag every time she’d appear on screen. The movie is so-so but the sight of her toting the bag with the beautiful rustic Italy as the background is more than so-so.

So what's a girl to do when it's love at purse sight? I of course googled it. And lo and behold, it wasn't just me wanting it. The bag's made in Canada, by Roots and is made of Italian leather. I was pleasantly surprised that it is just a fraction of the price of the other messenger bag I was obsessing earlier.

Purse love never dies


The long and short, I now own the small satchel in Tribe leather by Roots. We picked it up on our way home from work. This will be my picker-upper for tomorrow. I will be doing something I have been postponing for months. Our family doctor has urged me to do it this time. So yeah, it will be a painful day tomorrow but at least I will be carrying my new satchel.

Update after the painful ordeal:
It was excruciatingly painful. I am now fully convinced that I deserve the other purse - the black tote above to be specific :).

2 comments: