Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sneak Peek of Our Kitchen

... and a quick update of our move.
  1. I realized moving is not as easy as it used to.
  2. Our dear friends came over, brought some food, and helped assemble most of our furnitures to ensure that we'd have comfy beds to sleep on on our first night in the new home. We are so lucky to have very helpful, loving, and caring friends.
  3. The kitchen was the first area in the main floor that became functional.
  4. Working Kitchen
    That's MDH's gadget - a dual fuel, convection oven
  5. The only fully functional washroom in the house at the moment is the powder room. The other 3 bathrooms do not have the countertop sinks installed. Blame it on A* S*. The vessel sinks that I want for the bathrooms are back ordered. At first they promised they will be available on June 14th, then June 28th, and then mid-August. Boohoo. We're looking at another alternative which is a bit pricier but I don't care anymore. I just want sinks in our bathrooms. I am so darn tired having to go downstairs to wash my hands, brush my teeth, etc etc. Not fun.
  6. I am loving our kitchen.
  7. DH is quite admirable. He will have his French Language Test tomorrow and in spite of all the ruckus in the new house, he still tries to prep for his test. Whatta guy! As a reward, I made sure that his office was ready ASAP.
  8. Other parts of the house that are already a-okay - living room, dining room, DH's office, laundry, powder room.
And because the title says Sneak Peek ... blah... blah... blah...., here are some pics -
My favourite metal in the kitchen sink
Love this faucet from Moen. It has a pullout too.
Overlooking the dining room
Our island. You can see part of the dining room from the kitchen

Bar sink
Bar sink on the island. We find this very useful.
I will post some decent pics of the kitchen later. At the moment, there are still some work to be done like putting up the valance lights, changing some of the cabinet doors to glass, and so on and so forth. The list is endless. But I don't mind.

Backsplash: Honed Carrara Marble in mosaic rectangular strips
Countertops: Kashmir White Granite
Cabinetry: Chalk White; Shaker
Kitchen and Bar Faucets: Moen
Kitchen and Bar Sinks: Kindred
Pendant lights (all light fixtures in kitchen including chandelier for the nook table): Kichler

No comments:

Post a Comment