Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chicken Parmigiana, anyone?

I have been having so much fun trying out some recipes of the foods that we love to eat. Last night, it was Chicken Parmigiana served on spaghetti. No kidding, it almost tasted like Mamma Theresa's (our favourite Italian resto here in Ottawa) hahaha.

And to multiply the fun, I'm sharing this sumptuous find. Here's the recipe:
Ingredients

* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 ounces dry bread crumbs
* 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 3/4 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
* 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
2. Pour egg into a small shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then into the bread crumbs. Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
3. Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish. Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 20 minutes.

Source: Chicken Parmigiana


Again, I slightly modified the recipe:

  •  I marinated the chicken with pepper and garlic powder before I coated them with eggs and breadcrumbs;
  • I put some Italian seasoning on the breadcrumbs. If you have some Italian breadcrumbs in your pantry, then I guess you don't need to add the seasoning;
  • Get the best sauce you can find. I used ready-made marinara sauce from a favourite brand;
  • I used Kraft shredded mozzarella cheese and put dashes of Parmesan cheese before I served them.
MDH and MDK devoured them. I got another BIG hug. And the best thing, I was excused to do the clean-up of the kitchen after dinner.




And if you'll excuse me, gotta go and have the leftovers for tonight's dinner. I made a huge batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment