Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bling it on, Baby!

I love colours but I don't think my love for colours is very obvious in the home pics I post here.  I enjoy experimenting with colours. Just not on the finishes at home that require longer commitment 'cause it can become expensive if we change them often. Going bold with colours on one or two walls is okay. But not for things like wood floor stains. MDH and I must have visited several showhomes over a hundred times because I really, really wanted to be sure that the wood floor stain we'd pick was the one. Okay, over a hundred visits is an exaggeration :). Looking at over a hundred images in the web isn't which was what I actually did.

And oh, did I say I am easily affected by the colours around me? I am. I remember one time, we had to paint our family room twice in one weekend. I picked the colour I like but realized after MDH finished painting the entire room, I didn't like it on our walls. I was so bothered I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to step in the room. So no choice but off to the paint store we went and picked another colour. We picked a neutral colour.  Beige actually. BM's Alexandria Beige if you're curious :)

So where do I inject colours? Mostly in home accessories. And blings.Yes, blings.

Bling


I made the necklace above. Burgundy and lime green necklace worn over a gray cashmere sweater and a pair of jeans was what I wore for casual Friday this week. Then I remembered, I had to do an interview. Good thing you do interviews sitting down so the pair of jeans wasn't too obvious.

And speaking of blings, I've started making some for Christmas gifts. Mostly for our godchildren. Only for the girls, of course. I hope they'll like them. We still have to think of something for the boys.


Bracelets

2 comments:

  1. Found this blog from the buildinghome forums, gah your house is SO GORGEOUS! I love all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Leanne. Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete