Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

My Not-so-LOFTy Pics

We've finally painted the 2 walls in our loft. Colour blocking is probably the least expensive an inexpensive way of putting umph in a room. And that's what we did for our loft. We used Prairie Lily by Benjamin Moore for the paint. It feels very cozy!

We've installed a white desk and white shelves to designate a work area. Love, love the contrast of the walls and the fixtures btw.

Doodle
Not to scale :). I had to come up with a rough drawing to show to the boys.


For the pics above the desk, here are the pics I came up with. The dominant colour is white. Again. What else is new :). I also made use of the knick-knacks we have around the home as photo subjects. Needless to say, I like how they turn out.


loft art
I took the pics, made use of the stuff we already have around our home.

Here are the pics, up close:

Loft Pic 1


Loft Pic 2


Loft Pic 3



BTW I call the loft walls my "happy walls." They make me happy every time I stare at them. Colours do have an effect on me.

Next on the list to do: paint the master bedroom and ensuite. The colour will be the exact opposite of what we've picked for the loft. Grayish blue is what we're planning to use in our bedroom, grayish brown for the ensuite.

2 comments:

  1. Totally and utterly clever to use your own "stuff" as the subject for your artwork. I love it!! I may have to use that idea :).....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea, how creative thanks for posting it on my linky party!

    ReplyDelete