Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

"The colour you want is the colour you get."

Does that sound familiar? It's from an ad by Penelope Cruz for a hair colour or something. I thought she sounded so cute (sorry, can't find the right word) in that ad. It became a favourite line in our household for sometime.
"I think I want a white kitchen. White backsplash, white cabinets, white countertop." ~ me

"The kitchen you want is the kitchen you get."   ~ MDH
And MDH says the same thing when I pick for colours for the home. Am I lucky or what?

I'd like to share some of the photos I took that I go back to once in a while because there's something in each of them that inspires me. I hope it will inspire you too. Here they are:

colour inspiration
I love French macaroons. My fave is pistachio.

We have enlarged the picture above, framed it, and hung it close to the kitchen area. I like the gray tone of the chinaware and the somewhat restrained colours of the French macarons.


Doesn't usually advise eating chocolate for breakfast unless you're absolutely convinced that's the kind of advice you need
chocolate with marshmallows - perfect for a cold evening like tonight

The one above may be very similar to the first pic but the chocolate bars make the pic interesting. Brown and pastel combo surely wows.

And here's something different from the first two -
Generations


I love the earthy colours of the pic above which is something I'd pick in a heartbeat. And btw, this is a candidate photo that I will hang in the kitchen.

And yesterday, while I was contemplating on what bling to make for today's outfit, I was gazing at this -

"Eating should be a pleasurable experience."
This was taken during MDH's birthday dinner over a year ago at Perspective Resto at Brookstreet Hotel.This was yum.

The dress was blue-gray. I'll take a pic of the bling some other time, when there's good lighting.

I hope you enjoyed viewing some of my colour inspirations and that hope they'd inspire you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment