Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Old and dignified

028 ps1


I'm not too sure about feeling 'dignified', but 'old' is 'definitely how I feel (sometimes).  Getting old with dignity, that's something I'd aspire for.

Time flies fast. It's almost 5 weeks now that I've stayed home, trying to heal from the surgery. I had a long list of things that I planned to do while I stay home. I like to multitask, that is if you call recovery a task as well :). Even if I don't wholeheartedly admit at times, I'm a planner. Well not the MDH-kind, but a planner still.


But life's a tease sometimes, it likes to throw me curve balls. The kind I can't plan for. And worse, the kind that throws me off and will probably take a bit of time for me to find my balance again. I'll just have to trust and hope that sometime, somehow I'll find it. I may end up scratched, bruised and worn but I know those are the stuff that add character so... with open arms I'll calmly try to catch them.



spring 1
This has been my work area the past weeks

Curve balls aside, I still managed to cross-out some items in my list. I've "worked" mostly inside our bedroom. Thank goodness for a speedy wifi and a very attentive and caring nurse (a.k.a. MDH), it didn't feel like I've been confined at home for the longest time. Not only did I "work", I was able to do some reservations/inquiries for our upcoming trip and a bit of (online) shopping as well. I even finished a 12 X 24 inch acrylic painting which I plan to put in our loft. Not too bad, eh?

049 ps1
12 X 24 inch acrylic painting, inspiration of which is a picture of a Tuscany landscape



I've decided to cut short my leave and go back to work next week. I feel I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. I'm looking forward to it, actually.


“There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.” ~ CC

No comments:

Post a Comment