Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Baking

One fine December day
Cream cheese cookies with cranberries

Serious baking has started in our household. I’ve included 4 cookie recipes (including the cream cheese cookies in the pic) for this Christmas.

I will also bake MDK’s all time favourite cake which he calls his “Heaven on Earth.” Now, with all the recipes I’ve used, this is the one recipe (his H.O.E.) that he does not want to share to non-family members. You see, he thinks this recipe is the one that will make us millionaires. That’s how good he thinks it is hahaha.


To add to the the baking frenzy that's happening in the kitchen during the week, we also try to make a gingerbread house. It’s not a very fancy looking gingerbread house but it is extra special because it’s something I make with MDK every year. Although I have to be honest, this year has been quite a challenge convincing him to participate. He even asked why we have to make one this year. And I told him –

Well because it’s the one thing we do together on Christmas. And besides, I never got to do this with your Lola (grandma) when I was a kid.

That didn’t require any more convincing. He was like –

Okay, I’ll join you in 5 minutes. Just let me finish my game.

I thought that was sweet of him.

So here it is. It’s far from perfect but we love it just the same.

138 pknk ps2
This year's gingerbread house. Far from perfect but we like it very much.

It’s now on display in the dining table. We both think that Santa and the Snowman had too much Baileys coffee thus they couldn't stand still. MDK asked me the other night if he can start peeling off the gingerbread and slowly eat the candies as well. I told him “Sure. But let me take a pic of it first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment