Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Magic of the Christmas Garland , Part 1

One of the Christmas decorating challenges we have this season is the lack of Christmas decors. Okay, it’s not really a “challenge.” I’m exaggerating.


I think over the years, we have collected Christmas decors enough to decorate our home, our previous home that is. Since we moved to a home which is over a third bigger than the previous, I thought we’d need approximately a third more of the Christmas decors. But I wasn’t gung-ho on having “a third more” this year really. After all, even on Christmas decorating, I tend to do it in a very minimal way. “Less is more,” a minimalist would say. Then I discovered the magic of the Christmas garland. They’re usually dirt cheap and you can buy the plain ones which pretty much give you the option of embellishing them however way you’d want to.


collage3


Okay, so I may have gone overboard this time. You see, the railings aren’t the only ones I decorated using the garlands. Wait until you see the outside. That will be the Garland Magic, Partie Deux post. But because it’s Christmas, I guess we can go as overboard as we want. And that includes MDH who keeps bugging me about putting lotsa-lotsa Christmas lights outside. All LEDs of course. But because they’re a bit pricey, I guess we’ll have to wait for next year (or next yearssss) and see if we can afford to buy lotsa-lotsa LED lights if they go on sale.

2 comments:

  1. Cecile Salon- CasipleJanuary 4, 2011 at 7:05 AM

    Hi Bel. I like how you put things in your home. It is very elegant. I like it because I didn't see trinkets just hanging everywhere. I like all the colors of your wall. These photos are really perfect for mag covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the kind comment, Cecile. we have 2 guiding rules when we decorate our home:
    Less is more; and
    If it looks too much, it probably is :)

    ReplyDelete