Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Morning

This is what I'm working on today. It will be a busy week up ahead again as we are prepping for something we're about to embark on :) I know "embark" sounds overly dramatic. What I'm really trying to say is that after Tuesday's art class, I will have to temporarily park my art thingie-majigs for sometime. And hopefully, when I come back, I will have more to paint.

022 ps1
Some progress on my art endeavour -
  • My benefactor a.k.a. MDH got me an easel and I'm using our kitchen as my art studio in the meantime. The plan is to have a designated area in the laundry room where I can paint. The room has a window and a sink/tub which is perfect. So the laundry room will be our next reno project I guess.
  • I am enjoying my art class. Very much. There's so much to learn.
  • For now, I think I have all the materials I need - detail brushes, paints, etc. I think the best material I bought is the "stay wet" palette. By using it, I get big savings on the paint and most of all, I can take my time as I don't have to worry about my paint drying quickly.
  • For my class project, I picked the painting below to copy. This was published in an art magazine that our art teacher asked us to pick from. It's pretty ambitious, if you ask me. There's quite a lot of details in it. But what is that they say?  "Go big or go home." <**insert rolling eyes icon here**>
class project
original painting by George Hallmark

No comments:

Post a Comment