Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Floored and More

So like I mentioned in my previous post, we finally had our PDI. It was a looong one. It lasted for almost four hours. I am not complaining. I just didn't expect it to be that long. There weren't that many things left undone. We are sure that the house will be "almost" ready when we'll go in on May 25th :).

I will let the pics do some of the talking :)

So this is how the exterior looked like during the PDI. No paints on the doors yet but the house number and lights were already installed. We tested the doorbell - Dong for the front door, Ding-Dong for the back :). I thought that was cool. And one other cool thing was the bilingual fire alarm. It would have been nicer if it speaks Filipino too.

Exterior

From the inside, this is what we saw -
Men busy working outside
You can see a crane "parked" outside the house. They were still doing some finishing work on the exterior. Most of the trims were already in place except for the window trim of the den. This was one of the last windows they've installed.

And this is how the hardwood floor looks like at daytime -
Hardwood floor
Love, love it. Most of the floor in the main is hardwood, including the kitchen. It's hard maple btw.
Hard Maple Floor
Deciding on what wood stain to use was one of the most difficult things. The sample in the design centre was only a small piece. I just trusted my gut feeling, crossed my fingers and toes that when we'd see the floor, we'd love it. We do love it.

Now this I have to share. When we went inside the Master Ensuite, the builder rep commented about our choice of colours. DH said he left it all to me to decide and that he was sleeping when I was "happily" working with our designer. The builder rep said something like "good thing you just slept. she did a wonderful job." eherm ;)
Master Ensuite
A day after the PDI, we went back to the site after DH's birthday dinner. We were greeted with the painted doors. And here it is, just like how I imagined it to look like -
Painted Doors
Hope you enjoyed my show and tell.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment